Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Most improved recount writers for week 5


Congratulations Tayler on your stair torture recount:

"Squeak, squeak" went my shoes as I ran up the steep grey concrete steps.  We were at UHPS on Monday, lined up at the stairs for fitness.

Finally it was my turn and I was excited like John Cena the wrestler.  I could feel the slippery bars, taste the cold air on my tongue, and I could smell the wet earth.  After running my insides were so sore.  I was tired as I waited for the others.

I was thinking "When is this over?"

We then walked back to class like a stampede of elephants. "Ha, ha, ha" I thought to myself.


4 comments:

  1. Well done. Your descriptive writing has painted a picture in our heads of what happened!
    Sheetal Rm 17 c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 20,
    We really enjoyed reading your descriptive writing. What a cool writing experience you had!
    From Room 14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great descriptions in the 'stair torture recount'. Interesting to bring in John Cena too as your simile. That guy has seen his share of intense physical exercise, (and did you know he raps and acts too?). Great idea to write about the UHPS experience. No pain, no writing gain..?? Hmmm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. to room 20
    you have been doing lots of great work climbing up the stairs and going back down you might of been very sweaty doing that on the stairs
    from room 18

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We check all our comments on comment Friday. Please include your name so we know who you are.