Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Most Improved writer award....Annalise!

Have a look at the bush adventure photo's below, then check out Anna's rcount:

The bush adventure

"Watch out!" I exclaimed to Mr Cowie.  Yesterday we were going to the bush with the class and Mr Cowie almost walked into a branch.  We stopped, and we looked like dominoes about to hit each other.  I heard birds making noises around me like a pack of wolves howling.

Later, we were walking through the bush when suddenly...
"Arrrgghhhhh!" I tripped on the shiny slippery slope.  Luckily Mr Cowie helped me down.
"Thanks Mr Cowie, I exclaimed.  Had we finally stopped?  Then he answered with "you have 15v minutes to build a Bear Gryls survival hut!"

First, my group found a large stick.  We shaped it up and placed it inside the tree branches.  Then we got more sticks to keep it stable.  After that we grabbed massive ferns and layed them down on the sticks for shelter.

"2 minutes left!" Mr Clark shouted loudly.
"Step away from your work", he exclaimed.  "First, lets see the results. Lets go to group 6."
"Yay, thats me!" I shouted with joy.
"Hmmmm...this group gets the presentation award," explained Mr Clark.
" Yay!" our group shouted.

After the hut building I felt exhausted.  We then all went back to class and had lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what Mr Cowie was up to last week when I saw him sneak out the back door and tip toe down to your class. Thanks Annalise for solving the mystery. Thank goodness you used such good description otherwise I would never know what is going on around the school ;-)

    What an adventure you had and right in the school's backyard.

    Ms Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic writing Annalise, we specially liked your impact first sentence and the similes.
    From Room 19

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We check all our comments on comment Friday. Please include your name so we know who you are.